Ingredients (Serves 2)
1/2 cup (50g) Brussels Sprouts (Thinly Sliced)
1 cup (130g) Kale (chopped)
1/2 cup (125g) Brown rice
1/2 cup (50g) Carrots (Grated)
2 Tbsp (30g) Pistachios
2 Tbsp (30g) Cashews
4 Tbsp (60g) Dried cranberries
1/2 cup (50g) Avocado (chopped)
1 Tbsp (15ml) Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp (30ml) Olive Oil
1 Tsp (5g) Honey
1 Tbsp (15g) Fennel Seeds
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1. Begin by mixing all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and set this to the side.
2. Add the brown rice to 3/4 cup of water and bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 17 mins.
3. Thinly slice the Brussel Sprouts and add them to the chopped Kale.
4. Bring 3 cups of water to boil and then reduce to medium heat. Place the vegetables in a steamer basket and steam (covered) for 10 mins.
5. Grate the carrots and chop the avocado into small centimeter (1/2 inch) squares.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place the raw nuts evenly on a baking tray. Roast the nuts for 7 minutes. You will notice they become fragrant and slightly brown.
7. Combine all the ingredients along with the decorative sweet cranberries and serve warm.
To discover the many health benefits of Brussel Sprouts and whether your genotype would benefit from this recipe, take a look at our blog on the vegetable by clicking here.