What do adrenaline, family time, commuting, and nature have in common?
Wednesday, May 30, 2018. Author Simon Murfin
We have several keen cyclists at FitnessGenes, and to honor World Bicycle Day on June 3rd, you'll meet a few of them and learn why they love riding.
Simon Murfin is our Operations Director and is responsible for Customer Service, all aspects of our business logistics, and is most visible as our friendly voice on Trustpilot.
Here's why Simon loves to ride:
Simon loves building bikes and riding with his kids. Two very lucky girls!
- It was my only form of transport when I was growing up: I grew up in a little village and a bike was my means of independence, transportation, fun, jumps, skids, races with mates, and adventure from as early as I can remember.
- I've always enjoyed the sensation of being on 2 wheels (motorbikes and bicycles), the freedom, the speed, the adrenaline...
- Bikes are a way of enjoying being outside, experiencing nature....early morning rides through forests and seeing wild deer, the smell of the trees, the sound of just your tires on the pine needles....these memories are more vivid than most!
- Exercising and enjoying it! I get bored just running as I'm not moving quickly enough. Cycling allows me to get more of a buzz at the same time.
- Mountain biking makes me feel like a kid again: flying downhill, around the berms....and thankfully I can now do it with my kids too. They enjoy riding in the great outdoors.
- I enjoy the challenge of building bikes. I've built 2 for my kids and one for my wife.
- It's a great way of commuting. I've missed 1 day in the last 2 years so far (too much snow my wife said). Otherwise I'm on 2 wheels commuting into our London office come rain or shine.
- Since every cyclist knows "every ride is a race", I enjoy the challenge of beating my Strava segment times.
- It's my local form of transport for trips to the gym, to run errands, nip to the shops; if it's within a few miles, more often than not I'll be cycling there.
Enjoy cycling? Check out these stories
Riding with a champion
5 race-week tips from our pro-level triathlete
International mountain biker uses FitnessGenes to climb world rankings
Why I ride (by our own Dr Haran)
Getting started with cycling