Can beetroot help with your workouts? Depending on your DNA, the answer could be yes!
Beetroot is a nitrate-rich superfood, which helps to dilate blood vessels during exercise, allowing for an increased flow of blood to the working muscles. Essentially, beetroot can give you a greater workout pump!
If your FitnessGenes results suggest that you need to improve your blood flow, give this Sweet Beet Salad a try. Simple to prepare, and packed with essential nutrients.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 raw beetroots (grated)
- 1/2 medium purple cabbage (chopped)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- Handful of cauliflower (chopped)
- Honey (tbsp)
- Balsamic Vinegar (tbsp)
- Sesame Oil (2 tbsp)
- Sea salt and pepper
- Garlic Clove (diced)
Sesame seeds (handful sprinkle)
1) Mix and toss all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
2) In a separate bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients thoroughly.
3) Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
Want to know how your DNA affects your blood flow and whether this is something you need to improve? Purchase your DNA analysis kit or Genetic Workout System now from our online shop.