Ingredients (Makes seven)
- 1 cup (250g) Almond flour
- 1/2 cup (125g) Vegan protein powder
- 1/4 cup (60g) coconut sugar
- 3 Egg whites
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp (30g) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1.25g) Ground cloves
- 1/5 cup (50g) 80% dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 345 F (Gas Mark 3, 170C).
2. Beat the egg whites with a whisk until the they stiffen.
3. Gently fold all the dry ingredients, except the chocolate, into the egg whites until they are well combined.
4. The mixture should now feel like a slightly wet dough.
5. Divide the dough into seven balls and then shape each to look like a gingerbread man (for best results use a gingerbread man cookie cutter).
6. Place the gingerbread men in the oven on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes.
7. Remove them from the oven, turn them over and cook for a further 10 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
9. Whilst cooling, Slowly melt the chocolate in a small bowl, over a pot of hot water. Once melted, transfer the chocolate to a piping bag.
Once cool, decorate the gingerbread men with the melted chocolate. Be sure to eat them quickly before they run away!
Discover the health benefits of ginger by reading our blog on the spice here!