Buffalo chicken and sweet potato
Thursday, March 22, 2018. Author Matthew Kershaw
While you may feel a little decadent eating a Buffalo sauce and blue cheese dish, in reality, this dish is a guilt-free indulgence that’s easy to whip together. The high protein content and low-GI carbs will keep your muscles and your blood sugar levels healthy, while a big dose of calcium helps to keep your bones strong.
5oz chicken breast (150g)
2/5 cup dry breadcrumbs (50g)
1 egg, beaten
1oz plain flour (30g)
1½ tbsp. creme fraiche (25g)
2oz blue cheese (50g)
1½ tbsp. Buffalo sauce (25g)
2 medium sweet potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350F
- Slice the chicken breast into ¼ inch (6mm) thick slices.
- Place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs into separate bowls, then coat the chicken slices in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, being sure to shake off any excess between each coating. Place the breadcrumb-coated chicken onto a baking tray.
- Wash your sweet potato, thoroughly dry it, then prick it all over with a fork. Wrap it in foil and place both the chicken and potato in the oven for 30-35 minutes, being sure to turn the chicken halfway through.
- Meanwhile, crumble the blue cheese into the crème fraiche and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Take the potato out of the oven and cut a deep cross into it. Top with the chicken, blue cheese sauce and a drizzle of Buffalo sauce and serve with a side of mixed salad leaves if desired.
Nutritional profile per serving
Calories: 454 kcals
Protein: 30g (27% of total kcals)
Carbs: 43g (38%)
Fat: 18g (36%)