Apple and Quinoa Crumble
Monday, December 12, 2016. Author Leilah Isaac
Ingredients (makes one crumble)
1/2 cup (125g) Oat Bran
1 cup (250g) Rolled Oats
3 Tbsp (45 g) Maple Syrup
3 Tbsp (45g) Coconut Oil (melted)
3 Tbsp (45g) Red Quinoa
5 cups Bramley Apples (Diced)
1 Tbsp (15 g) Cinnamon
3 Tbsp (45g) Almond Flour (or cornstarch)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a bowl mix all the ‘Crumble Layer’ ingredients thoroughly with the exception of the quinoa.
- In a sperate bowl, combine the ‘Apple Layer’ ingredients ensuring the apples are completely coated.
- Place the apple mixture in a 8 or 10 inch (20-25 cms) oven proof pan (greased with coconut oil).
- Then add the Crumble Layer and place in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Whilst the crumble is cooking, put the quinoa in a dry pan over a medium heat. Keep the pan moving to make sure the grains do not burn. When they start to pop, they are toasted (approx 5 mins).
- Once ready, take the crumble out of the oven and sprinkle the toasted quinoa on top.
- Once cooled, place the crumble in the fridge for at least an hour to allow it to thicken.
- Serve with yogurt and enjoy!
Which genotypes benefit most from the nutritional value of apples? Find out by clicking here.